Vincent Vega

Default Insanity of the wine industry

"jcoulter" > wrote in message
> "Vincent Vega" > wrote in
> :
>

> >> That is assuming that a bronze rating is a 70 wine, I

> ze.
> >
> > 13 divided by 18 = 72 percentage points. This is not the

> rule for all
> > competitions but it is typical.
> >

> That assumes that a rating of 90 somehow equates to 90% but
> water could score a 50 (IIRC) the two systems just don't
> equate that way at all.

Im not playing semantics here. I am just sharing my first hand experience.
My point, which you seem to be missing, is that judges seem capable of
determining if a wine is "flawed" or "not flawed",, any scoring about "not
flawed" is totally subjective and is determined by personal taste but more
importantly (from a marketing standpoint) by heresay, reputation, supply and
demand and "who knows who". This is the dark secret of the wine industry.