Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Sardine Recipes?

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> i even had it copied and saved until last computer crash but haven't been
> in a position to make it recently so have refrained from asking for it
> yet again, lol, Lee
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> >> []

> > You may have seen my tempura coating recipe elsewhere, Lee. []

Tempura batter. Extracted from "Japanese Cooking, A Simple Art," by Shizuo
Tsuji. Page 235, et seq.

With tempura, the goal is to achieve a lacy golden effect, not a thick,
armor-like pancake casing!

Make the batter just before you're ready to start deep-frying. Don't let
it stand around! Don't overmix it. It should only be lightly folded
together.

Make sure the items to be coated are thoroughly dry. With the exception of
seaweed and leaves, dredge items lightly in flour before coating.

Batter recipe:

1 egg yolk
1 cup ice water
1 cup sifted flour

In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg yolk, then pour in the ice water and
give it a _few_ strokes. Add the sifted four all at once. Stroke a few
times with chopsticks or fork, just until ingredients are loosely combined.
The batter should be very lumpy. One or two quick stirs as you cook, to
keep it from separating. Make fresh batches as it gets used up.

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~