Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default Back to basics

> If you were to adopt this approach, how would your life change? Are
> there prepared items that you would particularly miss? Any deal-
> breakers for you? (I'm close to calling no more Diet Coke a deal-
> breaker, but that's me.) Would your life be better or worse?
>
> Scooter

I wonder how you'd like making soda crackers or oyster crackers from
scratch. Or any number of condiments that wouldn't be refrigerator-
stable for long periods of time because they wouldn't have any of even
a minimum number of stabilizers and preservatives in them....

You apparently don't currently buy "meal in a box," but you have no
problem buying box mixes like for brownies? Scratch brownies are so
much better. And making granola is good, but how much variety can you
arrange for scratch cereals? Do you make one kind? two? four? The
packaged cereal gives about 50 times more variety.

As for Diet Coke, or any soda, that stuff will kill ya, and you
shouldn't be drinking it anyway - it has absolutely no nutrient value
at all, and is actually detrimental to many parts of your body.

N.