Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_19_] sf[_19_] is offline

Default REVIEW: Safeway Select Green Bean Crisps

On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 14:27:45 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>I never claimed that I was getting *less* money back,
>but I am certainly getting less *value* back from Safeway
>when they implemented the change-making algorithm which
>rips off the customer. Giving back four dimes and two nickels
>when $0.50 is due allows Safeway to reduce the amount of change
>in the till. They don't have to stock as many quarters.

Oh good grief. That isn't standard practice in any Safeway I shop at.

>To gain perhaps $0.001 on one day's interest rate on the cash
>in the till, Safeway is willing to inconvenience hundreds of
>customers. That is what they are doing. Safeway is ripping off
>the consumer. Safeway is evil. That is one of many reasons
>I hate Safeway. They abuse their customers. I shop as little
>as possible at Safeway, but I do shop there when I'm walking
>to a supermarket or I want the fried green beans.

Evil? They don't abuse customers. If they did customers would vote
with their feet and go somewhere else to shop. However, they do abuse
their employees with standard corporate practices that discriminate
against older workers.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.