Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba[_2_] Goomba[_2_] is offline

Default REVIEW: Safeway Select Green Bean Crisps

Mark Thorson wrote:

> I never claimed that I was getting *less* money back,
> but I am certainly getting less *value* back from Safeway
> when they implemented the change-making algorithm which
> rips off the customer. Giving back four dimes and two nickels
> when $0.50 is due allows Safeway to reduce the amount of change
> in the till. They don't have to stock as many quarters.
>
> To gain perhaps $0.001 on one day's interest rate on the cash
> in the till, Safeway is willing to inconvenience hundreds of
> customers. That is what they are doing. Safeway is ripping off
> the consumer. Safeway is evil. That is one of many reasons
> I hate Safeway. They abuse their customers. I shop as little
> as possible at Safeway, but I do shop there when I'm walking
> to a supermarket or I want the fried green beans.

As ever, I disagree with this premise. You got the correct change back
so where is your loss or inconvenience? What *they* decide to put into
their till makes no difference to me if I'm getting the correct change
back. It spends the same to me.
If I had such issues, I'd just use my debit or credit card and save the
stress.