Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Your favorite Mexicanish foods

Nick Cramer wrote:
> Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> Stormmee wrote:
>>> my favorite food is chili rellnos, but what i figured out was that the
>>> spice cumen is what i really like in most mexican foods, so armed with
>>> this i can put it in anything and not feel deprived. I also have
>>> switched almost exclusively to brown rice, still carbs but less and
>>> since it is more filling you need to eat less,

>> We tried the brown rice. Same effect as white rice on DH's BGs. We
>> remain riceless.

> My experience is the same, Janet. Brown rice may have more nutritional
> value, but rice = sugar.
>
> I love Chiles Rellenos, too!

Could one make chili rellanos without the batter or just a little corn
starch maybe to get the egg to stick?

If you are stuffing them with cheese or meat (I love the fiesta kind
with the cinnamon flavor in the meat), it seams to me that the main carb
count would be from the batter on the outside of the chili, right?

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas