Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default REVIEW: Safeway Select Green Bean Crisps

I noticed a new item at Safeway. The box describes them
as a "lightly breaded petite green bean appetizer",
which seems accurate. I really like them and plan
to buy more.

Normally, I wouldn't recommend a Safeway product, and
even less likely it would be a bean product because
of my bean sensitivity. But I've eaten two boxes of
these things, and I haven't gotten a headache. Green
beans are mostly pod rather than bean, and if I don't
eat too many I'm okay.

There used to be a Chinese restaurant near me that
made a very similar lightly breaded and fried green
bean dish, but that was two or three restaurants ago
at that location. That restaurant actually had really
good food at very reasonable prices and I was sorry to
see them go. I often would go there to order this
one dish to go.