Dale Williams

Default Cornish Hen pairing

In article >, Young Martle
> writes:

>'ve decided to go with Bacon wrapped Cornish Hens with raspberry
>balsamic glaze. Not sure what the starch and veg will be.

I personally think poultry with fruit glazes are a tough match (see my recent
posting re maple glazed chicken). I'd generally go for an unoaked, somewhat
fruity, white with just a hint of residual sugar. And I wouldn't spend a lot.

>Looking for a wine to pair with this meal. My wine selection is pretty
>limited and most of what I have came from here
>http://www.nfliquor.com/downloads/pricelist.pdf

Hmm, don't see any Alsace Pinot Blancs, Riesling, or Pinot Gris (a Muscat and
a couple of Gew., but wouldn't try those). I have mixed impressions of Schloss
Vollrads wines, but the Kabinett Riesling might be ok. Or you might try one of
the Australian Rieslings. Personally I don't think a Chardonnay or SB based
wine (which is 90% of that list) would work especially well.

Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply