Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar
[email protected] friesian@zoocrewphoto.com is offline

Default Germany considers tax on the obese.

On Jul 25, 9:09*am, Dave Smith > wrote:
> walt tonne wrote:
> > On Jul 25, 6:07 am, walt tonne > wrote:
> >>http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...tax-on-the-obe....

> >> About time somebody made the move.

> > I see people 30 - 60 years old using mobility carts in the
> > supermarket.
> > Nothing wrong with them except overeating.

> How do you know there is nothing wrong with them except overeating?
> Perhaps they have a condition that makes it very painful to get
> exercise. It can cause a downward spiral. *They can't exercise because
> of pain, they gain weight and it gets increasingly painful.

My mom has a problem with her feet. They hurt constantly, even when
sitting down. But they get worse when walking. She is legally
handicapped. She does not use a cart, but does use a cane sometimes.
People just looking at her, especially early in the day, would not
know that she has a problem. She is overweight, though not as heavy as
many I see using the carts. I know she would feel better if she lost
weight, but any exercise on her feet causes her really bad pain. It's
a bad cycle where lack of exercise makes her heavier, which makes the
pain worse. But how do you break the cycle?

She has had surgery to remove tumors in her feet, with no relief (and
the tumors grew back). The only solution I can see is one that scares
her. De-nerve. Not sure if this is done in people, but I know it is
done in horses with permanent lameness. They can permanently turn off
the nerve. There is no feeling, so you have to be extra careful to
check for injuries etc. But it seems like it would be better than
permanent pain. I have asked if she could see about a temporary trial
to see what it would be like, but she is afraid of having to do
something with needles.