Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar
NotMe NotMe is offline

Default Germany considers tax on the obese.

"Peaches" > wrote in message
> "NotMe" > wrote in message
>> "walt tonne" > wrote in message
>> On Jul 25, 6:07 am, walt tonne > wrote:
>>> http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...tax-on-the-obe...
>>>
>>> About time somebody made the move.

>> I see people 30 - 60 years old using mobility carts in the
>> supermarket.
>> Nothing wrong with them except overeating.
>>
>> {{{
>>
>> And you know this absolutely for sure ... how?
>>
>> Your world view reminds me of the statement:
>>
>> "You don't look disabled!"
>>
>> The retort: "... and you don't look like an a** h***".

> I'm 63, ride a scooter or use a mobility cart at the store. I have COPD,
> am on oxygen 24/7 and have Leukemia. I'm now getting overweight. Steroids
> to combat my illness, donchaknow? You wouldn't be able to tell just by
> looking at me that I have med. problems. I cruise and travel as much as
> possible.
> So do you suggest I be put down because of it?
>
> PS..like the retort....

I got that from an old WWII Marine DI who was one of my hospice friends.
I'd carry him to the local watering hold that happened to be in a mall in a
rural part of the state. We used the HC parking due to both our
limitations. On one trip one DA (dumb a**) loudly castigated the old man
for parking in the HC zone.

His response echoed off the building walls all across the parking lot to the
amusement of a couple of (young and cute) church ladies. One of who gave him
a gentle kiss on the cheek and the quiet admonishment 'well spoken ... even
if I don't use those words myself'.

Truth be known if the old boy had been in better health he might have
invited the DA to 15 min in a dark alley.