Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Germany considers tax on the obese.

"jmcquown" wrote
> "Dave Smith" wrote

>> Perhaps they have a condition that makes it very painful to get exercise.

> A few years ago after my brother had surgery he wanted to go to the
> grocery store. He wasn't *obviously* impaired but the doctor told him to
> stay off his feet for a few days. He wanted to stock up on food on the
> way home from the hospital. He used one of those motarized carts because
> the doctor told him not to walk. I'm sure lots of people would have
> looked at him and assumed "lazy" rather than "doctor's orders". Not
> everyone who needs those carts is old (or fat).

Correct. I definately fit that profile. I'd have had more fun today if I
just finally grabbed one and had the daugher push the full cart. Instead,
we rushed through somewhat and ended up with a second cart not filled more
than the scooters could have handled.

Had a nice trip though to the grocery store. Sat for a little on the floor
along the juice isle while Charlotte grabbed stuff. Told'em this time I
could load the car fine as had the kidlit with me. New checker to me but
apparently a bit obvious by then.

It's not always weight that drives the need of a chair and not always
overeating that causes weight.