Old 25-07-2010, 12:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is online now

Default Okay All You Meat Grinding Folks... what to grind first?

"Larry" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
"brooklyn1" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 13:23:39 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news In article ,
brooklyn1 wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
I think the guys at the grocery store finally got fed up with my
selecting meat and asking them to grind it for me. So I broke
down
and bought an electric meat grinder. It's mfg by Sky
Enterprises USA
and is a 2.6HP 2000W grinder (with all the attachments, including
those for stuffing sausage casings).

I still have to move things around in my storage area off the
kitchen
to make room for it. I think I can relegate the fondue pot and
the
Interbake3 pizelle/sandwich/waffle iron to the closet in the spare
room. LOL
Now I'm wondering what I should start off with. Ground beef using
chuck roast and/or brisket? Sausage?

Making meat loaf is the best learning experience... it's most
forgiving... burgers is the most difficult because it's only one
ingredient.

lol Nice one Shel'!
--
Peace! Om

I believe he was completely serious. Meat loaf isn't something I make
very
often. And to grind my own "meat loaf mix" (beef, pork and veal) would
surely cost more than the effort is worth.

I never blend different meats, I much prefer all beef for meat loaf...
you can prepare meatballs too. The learning curve increases with the
more different ingredients you grind... for meat loaf all the veggies
are ground too, even the crumbs.

Okay, and that makes sense. I, too, prefer all beef for meat loaf. But
so many folks yak about "meat loaf mix". Frankly I'd rather have some
nice pork chops and a couple of good veal chops than to grind pork and
veal together just for meat loaf.

Jill

You do know veal *is* beef, right?

Calves, asshole. Why don't you get a ****ing life?!