Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Half moon pie vs. turnover - what's the difference?

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:04:17 -0400, "Nancy Young"
> > wrote:
>
>> Becca wrote:
>>
>>> They make good whoopie pies.

>> Guess what, I was at the county fair this evening and there
>> was an Amish booth selling baked goods. I don't think there
>> are any Amish locally so I didn't expect to see that. Thanks
>> to you, what did I buy? Whoopie pies!
>>

> Whoopie Pies are Amish? All this time I thought people were talking
> about a commercial product in the Twinkie category.

Are you thinking of Scooter Pies or Moon Pies? anyway,
google whoopie pies and you'll see what they are. I have never
seen them packaged and boxed up like Drakes or the like.

Only here, in the past month or so, have I seen that there's any
connection between them and the Amish.

nancy