Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default 700° Degree Roast Chicken (kinda long...)

Curt referred:

> It all started when I tried Thomas Keller's roast chicken technique awhile
> back, and I must say it was incredible.
>
> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Chicken-231348

"I take the chicken butt for myself. I could never understand why my
brothers always fought over that triangular tip--until one day I got the
crispy, juicy fat myself."

I cooked chicken for the family of a friend of mine once, and my friend
later asked, "Why did you serve us the tail? We always throw that away."

I thought that was the height of poultry-consumption silliness until I heard
about people who are paralyzed with fright by the bones in the chicken!

Bob