Emery Davis

Default Coudoulet (was When to drink a 2000 Bordeaux)

On 07 Mar 2004 03:41:37 GMT, amnspam (Dale Williams) said:

[]
] I agree with almost everything Emery says (except I'm surpised by him finding
] Beaucastel oaky, never has seemed to me, I though they used older foudres).

Hi Dale,

Foudres, certainly. I'm not sure about the age of them though, I always assumed
they were changed out in rotation after 2-3 years. Not sure if I learned this there, or
just imagined it.

Haven't had a B. recently, and not likely to for a little while as I continue bottom
feeding (not always a bad thing as you know), but when I next do I'll check
my palate for the tell tale oak component! Have to get a young one, though,
drat.

Coudoulet used to be a really great deal in the US, though I imagine those days
are gone...

-E

--
Emery Davis