Gorio Gorio is offline
Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshenk View Post
"JL" wrote
Gorio wrote:

At my local mega food store yesterday I saw they had Kikko rice wine
vinegar for 50 cents per bottle with a little coupon on the bottle. Keep

I wonder if that is any relation to the Japanese "mirin" i hear such good
things about?

Related but not the same. Mirin is a wine. Rice wine vinegar is a vinegar.
;-)
Mirin is the wine, this stuff would be the vinegar obtained from "rice wine gone bad" as any vinegar is. Easy as heck to make your own vinegars. My knowledge of Asian goodies is limited. I just use this stuff for Thai sweet chili sauce.

Unfortunately, I've had a batch of wine go bad once; and I ended up with 5 gallons of vinegar. Great vinegar, though.

Kikkoman is made in Walworth, WI; so I wouldn't use the stuff for much beyond what I use it for. 50 centavos a bottle is the attraction, here.

10 oz bottle , it says distributed in San Fran (if your "SF" denotes your geography.) There will be a coupon on the neck of the bottle for $1.50.

My real name is Greg, by the way. Greg"orio", ya know? I go by Gorio in the Spanish speaking world.

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. Sheldon just needed the response he wnated. I don't use a ton of EVOO, since I've curtailed my Italian cooking. My latest fave is unfiltered sunflower oil. MMM.