Posted to rec.food.cooking
JL[_3_] JL[_3_] is offline

Default Deal Alert

sf wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 09:47:56 -0700, JL wrote:
>

> >Gorio wrote:
> >

> >>At my local mega food store yesterday I saw they had Kikko rice wine
> >>vinegar for 50 cents per bottle with a little coupon on the bottle. Keep
> >>an eye out. If you make Thai sweet chili sauce; it's the shizzle. Gotta
> >>use RW vinegar, though. I've tried it with several different vinegars
> >>and , you need rice wine vinegar to make it.

> >I wonder if that is any relation to the Japanese "mirin" i hear such
> >good things about?

> Mirin is not rice wine vinegar. It's more like sake... drinkable.
> http://vegetarian.lovetoknow.com/What_Is_Mirin

Thanks, i wasnt sure exactly what it was, just that it is used a lot on
various cooking show i watch. The local Smart & Finale carries a big
bottle but i think i will try to find a small bottle in Chinatown to try
befor i purchase one of the big bottles.

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!