Posted to rec.food.cooking
Motzarella[_2_] Motzarella[_2_] is offline

Default Raw Oysters

http://www.nedsislandoysters.com

> This is very good:
> http://www.chow.com/recipes/10453-co...yster-stuffing

Not to stop you in your tracks, but not ALL West Coast oysters originally
come from Japan. A very special variety: Olympia Oysters, are Washington
native. On the smallish side, they are absolutely phenomenal when shucked
and very lightly sautéed in a white wine and butter sauce.

But, having been raised on Lung Guyland oysters, I would greatly prefer
Washington and BC oysters: such as Kumimoto, Westcott Bay Flats and the
Totten Virginica oyster. All told, between Washington and BC, there are
approximately 75 different species of oysters.

Alan

Alan