Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Sweet Hungarian paprika substitute?

Isaac wrote:

> I would be interested to know the exact brand(s) for which you can tell
> a difference. I can distinguish between "sweet" (i.e. not much taste to
> speak of), "smoked", and "hot".
>
> If there are brands that are superior, I'd like to know about them; I've
> never been satisfied with the taste of my paprikashes.

Penzeys sells two types of Hungarian paprika as well as California paprika.
I (and most people) can tell the difference between all of them. For your
paprikashes I'd recommend their Hungarian Sweet Kulonleges Paprika.

Bob