Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected][_2_] nailshooter41@aol.com[_2_] is offline

Default Pork shoulder

On Jun 30, 7:35*pm, bbq > wrote:

> Yea, I notice that too sometimes. *I can squeeze 3 racks of spares on a
> grate, but would rather to 2 and use the lower rack for another 2 if
> needed..

You probably have one of these, but if you don't, the rib racks that
fit into the larger verticals work great.

I can easily put three full racks of good sized spares in my WSM on
the top grate if I cut them in half and put them in the rack knuckle
(chine) side up. The collagen and fat will run down the ribs in a
most satisfactory manner in the racks.

My problem with splitting the ribs between the grates is that the
lower grate on my WSM is sometimes a cooler than the upper, giving
different finishing times.

Robert