Posted to rec.food.cooking
gloria.p gloria.p is offline

Default zippy green beans

Sheryl wrote:

> The steak was good and how can you go wrong with fluffy steamed potato
> with sour cream and chives? But the green beans were outstanding!
>
> Still slightly crisp, bright green flavor and then the mustard hits..
> and then the horseradish zings you as it hit the back of throat!
>
> I'm making them this way again!
>
> I like this mustard as a sauce for chicken cutlets, or with corned beef,
> or cold roast beef, or I'll make a salad dressing with it. (It's great
> in a vinaigrette for chicken salad). Good stuff.

Your dinner sounds good, Sheryl.

DH loves horseradish, his mother served it all the time. It wasn't
in my heritage so I never really acquired a taste for it other than on
corned beef. The "zing" hits the back of my throat, migrates up into
my sinuses, and HURTS! It makes me think of a fire-breathing dragon.
I don't mind Cajun or Mexican heat, but horseradish is too aromatic
or something.

gloria p