Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Pork shoulder

In article
Gz > wrote:

> Last year I went to the country butcher shop and bought two 5 lb hunks
> for about $1.10 a pound. Its a drive though. Cost me the same to buy
> it locally.
>
> Question, why can't we cut it in half so it cooks faster ???
> I guess one thought, you get a wider range of meat, but
> maybe not ??

There is no reason not to cut one in half. Since I am only cooking for
two, a full sized roast would go to waste as I prefer not to freeze
cooked meat if I can avoid it.

I generally only cook one half of a shoulder any more unless I'm going
to split the smoked cook with my sister and her family.

I've been doing that more frequently lately as they are more strapped
for cash than I am and two boys eat a LOT!
--
Peace! Om