Posted to rec.food.preserving
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Cucumbers - can anything be done with dried cucumbers?

On 6/29/2010 9:15 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> I have been reading the responses to this, also hoping for recipes to
> use 'any' dried veggies... cucumbers included.
>
> I know how to dehydrate but am looking for good ideas on how to use them.
>
> "Jim" > wrote in message
>> We are experiencing a bumper crop of cucumbers, and we have
>> saladed out, pickled out, and have a nice shiny food dehydrator,
>> so was wondering if anyone has come up with any ways to use
>> dried, vacuum packed cucumber slices? I would like to slice
>> them, dry them then vacuum pack them with the food saver.
>>
>> I could think that maybe a soup might work, any other suggestions?

Most vegetables that can be cooked can be dehydrated and then
re-hydrated in hot water when ready to cook. I often dehydrate a few
trays of hot chiles and then put them through the spice mill and jar for
later use in dishes. Occasionally I will just store the whole chiles and
re-hydrate them when needed in a dish. That way they don't take up space
in the freezer.