Angel

Default newbie, altitude cooking

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 00:17:47 -0500,
(The Old Bear) wrote:

>Ah, there is a certain irony at work. When we were in Colorado at
>Thanksgiving, we acquired the Junior League of Denver's third cookbook
>called "Colorado Collage." (There is now a fourth cookbook in this
>wonderful series available.)

"Colorado Cache" is my favorite cookbook in that series ... it was one
of my first purchases after moving here. I checked it out from the
library and found myself buying it about a week later. Everything
I've tried from that book works well and as noted at altitude, so you
lowlanders have a bit of adapting to do.

Our Cooperative Extension Services from Colorado State University has
a great page with altitude cooking tips, too:
http://www.cerc.colostate.edu/titles/P41.html .

Angel