Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ceed[_3_] ceed[_3_] is offline

Default Price alert: Beef tenderloin at Costco

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 09:43:01 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:44:15 GMT,
> wrote:
>
>> Now that's a buy. The best price I've ever seen was $1.58 and it's been
>> a long time. I'm currently seeing $3.49/lb and that's at BJ's wholesale
>> club.

> Regular price here is $1.68. It's practically a commodity here
> like gasoline. All the stores sell it for roughly the same price
> and the prices do fluctuate almost daily, not unlike gas,

I see them at Randall's between $.99 - $2.99. At Wal-Mart from $1.68 -
$3.74 and HEB between $1.70 and $3.50

Regardless, flavor is unlike gas unless you use that liquid fire starter.

I wanted to ask, a long time a go someone told me that the way you find a
good brisket is trying to fold it end to end. If the ends meet it's good,
if not it's not so good. Anyone know if that bs, or is it worth while
doing this "test"?

--
//ceed