Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Fred C. Dobbs[_2_] Fred C. Dobbs[_2_] is offline

Goo - ****wit David Harrison, a cracker idiot - lied:

> On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:38:49 GMT, > wrote:
>
>> Goo - ****wit David Harrison, a cracker idiot - lied:
>>> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:26:11 GMT, > wrote:

>> [..]

>>> Because I consider battery cages to be overly restrictive AND
>>> I believe that sort of environment encourages a LOT of brutality
>>> and abuse resulting in the suffering of many more birds than
>>> would occur if the birds were kept in open houses.

>> But as you have said yourself, those are a whole different group of animals.

> Yes, one which I would rather see not exist, along with dogs
> and bulls used for fighting.

That's a lie. You once wrote that the dogs "at least get to experience
life". There is no difference morally between breeding fighting cocks
and breeding fighting dogs. You justify each of them the same way.

>> You still advocate the elimination of battery hens for precisely the same
>> reason that ARAs advocate the elimination of other forms of livestock,
>> because they believe that the conditions are overly-restrictive and the
>> suffering, in their opinion, is excessive.

> You agree with them completely.

I don't agree with "aras". You know it.

>>> They aren't helping any animals at all, which is the point.

>> THEY are employing exactly the same kind of thinking as you, except that
>> they draw the line in a different place.

> You draw it at the same place they do

No. You know you're lying.

>> The fact that they are not
>> recommending replacing the livestock they want to see eliminated with other
>> forms of livestock is completely irrelevant.

> No it's not

It is completely irrelevant.

>> There is no moral imperative
>> for anyone to cause livestock to exist. Your accusation that they are
>> somehow doing something inconsiderate or fundamentally different than you do
>> when you advocate the elimination of battery hens is absurd.

> That's a lie.

It's not a lie. But you don't *really* advocate the elimination of
battery hens, because you buy battery-hen eggs, which "provides life"
for them.