Dale Williams

Default [LONG] TN: J et R Selections (mostly Rhones)

Mark, thanks for the notes

>when compared to Terres Dorees it just doesn't
>compare.

Few basic Beaujolais-Villages do!

>I've been spoiled by Dauvissat, alas, and there's just no going back...

Yes, once R & V have a hold of you....
But I've enjoyed some Brocards, Picqs, Savarys and Droins lately (though that
"it ain't Dauvissat" chorus can get in your mind, I always think "but it's not
Dauvissat pricing either").

>2000 La Tourade Côtes du Rhône
>nose: bananas (!!) and bright red fruit
>Somewhat bizzare for CdR. I tried to find out if they were using
>"maceration carbonique" but didn't get a chance. That nose sure put me
>in mind of wines of that ilk, though.

I've read that banana nose to the DuBoeufs relates to the yeast used- maybe
they use the same strain?

>2001 Domaine du Pégaü Chateauneuf du Pape
>probably bigger IIRC). The only thing not to like is the price ($48),
>but that's the price of success...

At least success as referenced by ParkerPoints!

great notes, thanks, best to Jean
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply