Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Mass market bbq sauce.

bbq > wrote:
> On 6/13/2010 4:09 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> > > wrote:

> >> Salsa by Nick - With a little help from BBQ. Love it!!!

> > Actually, I don't remember where I got the recipe. It called for canned
> > Chipotles in Adobo Sauce. I changed that to BBQ's Chipotle Pepper
> > Blend. I got the 'let it rest for 1/2 hour before testing' from you.
> > The (Heh! Heh! Heh!) was a caveat to start with 1/4 tsp and work your
> > way up.
> >

> I am confused at what point can you modify someone else's recipe and be
> able to say it is yours'. You think Alton Browns recipes are original?
>
> I don't think so. All are modified from some other recipe he has tested.
>
> I got this saved as "Nicks Salsa" and will make it the when I make a
> blend my 2010 Chipotle Pepper Blend.

I never said it was mine. I said, "For a salsa, try this:"

In a later post, I said, "Actually, I don't remember where I got the
recipe."

Thanks for memorializing that now it IS mine!

BTW I did find the original recipe.

chipotle salsa
Bon Appétit | September 1995

This salsa from Café Iguana in Denver, Colorado is terrific with
tortilla chips.

MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS.

Kevin Taylor, Café Iguana, Denver, Colorado

3 cups chopped tomatoes
3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (sold
at Latin American markets)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061