Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default A Nostalgic Promo Item I found

In article >,
"cshenk" > wrote:

> Not all are that bad though. It is however true that their reputation is so
> low now, even the sane ones are being avoided by buyers.

The few frequently ruin it for the many.
Makes it very, very hard to trust such a thing. Small political groups
like that can get ugly.

> Grin, my boss just upscaled houses. He specifically said 'no more HOA's' to
> the realtor. He got a lovely house in a very nice upscale neighborhood with
> no HOA. He had a very hard time selling his house. 2 backed out last
> second over HOA issues. There's something like 100 homes in his old HOA
> area, with (per him) 20 in forclosure and another 5 vacant. 3 sold (his was
> one of the 3).
>
> He BTW, had a sane HOA although he wasn't happy that he had to use Verizon
> FIOS and is much happier with Cox now (at significant savings for the
> package that suits them vice the HOA required Verizon one). The rest of it
> he said was fine.

OMG! They regulate what phone/internet service you bloody use? Give me a
break!

> Another friend mentioned his HOA had several optional services you could
> elect to sign up for and based on how many were in it, the price would
> change a bit. He added the option to have them cut his grass and use a
> master keyed lock on the backyard fence so they could get in when he wasnt
> home. Hehehehe, city has a height of grass allowed and HOA says must be
> within or have grass services (in which case it's their fault if your grass
> gets too high). The only catch-22 there is you have to pay all year as they
> pro-rate the bill so you can't just 'pay in spring/summer'. Come
> fall/winter, the same fellow 'for free' trims trees, prunes what's needed,
> and helps get the leaves up and such. Seemed a good deal to him and to me!
> 20$ a week?

That's really not bad but I can pay for local labor. <g> To some people,
that would be a lot of money.

Right now my BIL is getting paid to help me with yard service.
--
Peace! Om