Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Oyster sauce substitute?

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:34:15 -0400, "cshenk" > wrote:

> >> Milagros and it's more of a Mole with banana puree. Looks interesting!

> > It's sounding more and more interesting. Do you plan to use it as a
> > mole and not as a banana sauce? I dip lumpia in banana sauce.

> Dunno! Never done 'mole' so I was gonna open it, sniff, then decide. Yeah,
> I'm an odd cook like that. I don't particularily care about how something
> is traditionally used, just what tastes nice to us.

Banana mole sounds unusual to me! I'd go with that first, see what it
tastes like and if it inspires me to do other things with it.

> Mostly I cook an asian-southern fusion. Try diping french fries in Banana
> sauce! even better, add a pinch of wasabi powder and mix that in. Heaven!

I've already tried that. I'm too white bread for that... still prefer
my beloved Heinz ketchup for fries.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.