Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default A Nostalgic Promo Item I found

"gloria.p" wrote
> cshenk wrote:

>> city has a height of grass allowed and HOA says must be within or have
>> grass services (in which case it's their fault if your grass gets too
>> high). The only catch-22 there is you have to pay all year as they
>> pro-rate the bill so you can't just 'pay in spring/summer'. Come
>> fall/winter, the same fellow 'for free' trims trees, prunes what's
>> needed, and helps get the leaves up and such. Seemed a good deal to him
>> and to me! 20$ a week?

> OMG, if we could get our grass mowed, trees pruned, leaves raked, and our
> driveway plowed in winter for $20 a week, we'd think we'd died and gone to
> heaven. Mowing is between $50-75/week depending on the crew and how much
> trimming they do, even when it's neighborhood teens. Plowing is around $30
> each storm. We do both on our own but won't be able to keep it up
> forever.

Agreed! Most folks use the service. They only had a problem when they
didn't specify had to pay for 12 months and the fellow gaged price based on
that. He doesnt shovel snow I imagine, but then we seldom have any that
sticks long enough to worry. Some cheap folks wanted to pay same rate but
only May-Sep or something like that. Yes, he'd be 50-75$ I bet at that sort
of pay.