Posted to rec.food.preserving
Kitty[_3_] Kitty[_3_] is offline

Default Cucumbers - can anything be done with dried cucumbers?

On Jun 12, 8:09*am, Jim > wrote:

> I could think that maybe a soup might work, any other suggestions?
> Jim

I suppose by saladed out you mean you've made Cucumber salad? just
in case you haven't tried it, here's How I make it.

Pennsylvania Dutch Cucumber salad

Slice cucumber thinly, slice an onion thinly. salt them and stir
well. If they taste fine to eat, then that's enough salt or you will
end up oversalting them. . Allow to sit for as long as you can stand
it, up to overnight, but at least a half hour. the longer you let
them sit the less watery the salad will be.

Pour into a colander and allow to drain well. add cream or sour
cream til the whole appears nice and creamy (abt a half cup), then add
a bit of vinegar (1-2 tablespoons) to taste if you've used regular
cream. chunk up a tomato or halve a bunch of Grape tomatoes and stir
into salad and serve with freshly ground pepper on top. DON"T add
more salt. LOL