Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Oyster sauce substitute?

"sf" wrote
> cshenk wrote:

>> > That might be different! What's the brand? I usually see the same
>> > ole, same ole.

>> Milagros and it's more of a Mole with banana puree. Looks interesting!

> It's sounding more and more interesting. Do you plan to use it as a
> mole and not as a banana sauce? I dip lumpia in banana sauce.

Dunno! Never done 'mole' so I was gonna open it, sniff, then decide. Yeah,
I'm an odd cook like that. I don't particularily care about how something
is traditionally used, just what tastes nice to us.

Mostly I cook an asian-southern fusion. Try diping french fries in Banana
sauce! even better, add a pinch of wasabi powder and mix that in. Heaven!