Posted to rec.food.cooking
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default A Nostalgic Promo Item I found

On 6/12/2010 2:47 PM, cshenk wrote:
> "sf" wrote
>
>> or not live within an HOA is one thing but actually believing a well
>> run HOA lowers property value is not even close to rational thinking.

> In Virginia, Norfolk area, it has done exactly that. It's sad but a few
> of them went rampant with too many restrictions and gave the whole idea
> a bad name. As a result an equal house in an equal but non HOA area
> fetches a better price. My realtor friend says it's close to 50% of her
> customers who say 'Oh, and no HOA's'. She doesn't even show them then.
>
> HOA's aren't evil, but sadly there have been too many widely public bad
> news stories of them. People are leery of them at least here. That's
> what you are hearing from others in the newsgroup as well. Give it time
> and folks may swing back, but if you needed to put hour house on the
> market just now, you'd find out being in an HOA was a detraction unless
> the buyer was willing to spend time to even look at HOA sites and see
> what your local one required.
>
> Oh on your color choices? Consider a lovely old wood victorian in
> wisteria with eggshell pale trim. Probably not allowed in some HOA's.

If I remember correctly subdivision compacts expire after either ten or
twenty years in Louisiana. One person on our street built a steel shop
next to his house and an RV shelter on the other side. One neighbor
wrote a letter to the editor and went to city hall got told it was none
of her business what someone built on their property as long as they got
a city permit. Our house is 36-years old and there are many homes here
over forty-years. Little late to bitch.