Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default A Nostalgic Promo Item I found

"Omelet" wrote
> "cshenk" wrote:

>> > <http://tinyurl.com/23b3t7d>

>> Yes. This is why HOA owned properties are having a hard time selling and
>> many seeking to purchase now specify 'show me only those with no HOA'.
>> My
>> friend who is a relator, says it's about 1/2 in the area actually bother
>> say that. The rest, tend to default by 1/2 when the see the HOA rules.
>>
>> Logic shows HOA homes here do not get viewed as often and they are
>> screaming
>> because their 4BR 3Bath luxury homes are selling for less than mine
>> would.
>> HOA's arent bad, but too many have gone rampant and made horrible press.
>> With all the forclosures, buyers are scared to do something stupid and
>> lose
>> their homes.
>>
>> > I LIKE my wind chimes and my neighbors don't have a problem with it,
>> > just like I have no problems with their every Saturday night band
>> > practice since it's held in their livingroom and I cannot hear it from
>> > indoors...
>> >
>> > and it does not bother me when I'm out BBQ'ing as they keep the volume
>> > down.

>> None of those things should be HOA issues.

> But they are... Did you read the link I posted?

Yes, and replied to your message and it.

> Bringing it back on topic, there are even some HOA's that forbid BBQ'ing!

> HOA's have gotten wayyyy out of control in too many places, and seek to
> utterly control everyone and treat you like tenants, not property owners.

Not all are that bad though. It is however true that their reputation is so
low now, even the sane ones are being avoided by buyers.

Grin, my boss just upscaled houses. He specifically said 'no more HOA's' to
the realtor. He got a lovely house in a very nice upscale neighborhood with
no HOA. He had a very hard time selling his house. 2 backed out last
second over HOA issues. There's something like 100 homes in his old HOA
area, with (per him) 20 in forclosure and another 5 vacant. 3 sold (his was
one of the 3).

He BTW, had a sane HOA although he wasn't happy that he had to use Verizon
FIOS and is much happier with Cox now (at significant savings for the
package that suits them vice the HOA required Verizon one). The rest of it
he said was fine.

Another friend mentioned his HOA had several optional services you could
elect to sign up for and based on how many were in it, the price would
change a bit. He added the option to have them cut his grass and use a
master keyed lock on the backyard fence so they could get in when he wasnt
home. Hehehehe, city has a height of grass allowed and HOA says must be
within or have grass services (in which case it's their fault if your grass
gets too high). The only catch-22 there is you have to pay all year as they
pro-rate the bill so you can't just 'pay in spring/summer'. Come
fall/winter, the same fellow 'for free' trims trees, prunes what's needed,
and helps get the leaves up and such. Seemed a good deal to him and to me!
20$ a week?