Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

Default Mass market bbq sauce.

On 6/13/2010 4:09 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> > wrote:
>>>
>>> Its definitely got a kick! Its also got a nice rich smoky flavor. Up to
>>> a half dozen different kinds of chile peppers. I think he uses hickory
>>> for the smoke. A little goes a long way. For a salsa, try this:
>>>
>>> 4 cups chopped tomatoes
>>> 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
>>> 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
>>> 1/4 to 1 tsp BBQ's Chipotle Pepper Blend to taste (Heh! Heh! Heh!)
>>> 2 tsp ground cumin
>>>
>>> Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Let rest
>>> in 'fridge for 1/2 hour before testing.

>> Salsa by Nick - With a little help from BBQ. Love it!!!

> Actually, I don't remember where I got the recipe. It called for canned
> Chipotles in Adobo Sauce. I changed that to BBQ's Chipotle Pepper Blend. I
> got the 'let it rest for 1/2 hour before testing' from you. The (Heh! Heh!
> Heh!) was a caveat to start with 1/4 tsp and work your way up.

I am confused at what point can you modify someone else's recipe and be
able to say it is yours'. You think Alton Browns recipes are original?

I don't think so. All are modified from some other recipe he has tested.

I got this saved as "Nicks Salsa" and will make it the when I make a
blend my 2010 Chipotle Pepper Blend.

BBQ