Posted to rec.food.cooking
gloria.p gloria.p is offline

Default A Nostalgic Promo Item I found

Nancy Young wrote:
> gloria.p wrote:
>> cshenk wrote:

>> Where would you find a lovely old Victorian in a HOA community?
>> All HOA locations that I an familiar with are developer built in the
>> past <50 years.

> I think they would be covered by a Historical Society rather than an
> HOA. They don't collect funds from the homes in the protected
> district but they sure have to follow the rules when it comes to paint
> color/remodeling or anything that would change the tenor of
> the neighborhood.

And just like having a HOA, potential owners would be aware of the
restrictions before they bought, and pretty obnoxious if they didn't
follow the rules.

Actually many of those Victorian houses are better looking and better
maintained than they were years ago before the historical societies
began regulating them. People who buy them are very interested in
restoring them to historic color combinations and gingerbread trim and
the results are gorgeous.

gloria p