Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default A Nostalgic Promo Item I found

gloria.p wrote:
> cshenk wrote:
>

>> Oh on your color choices? Consider a lovely old wood victorian in
>> wisteria with eggshell pale trim. Probably not allowed in some
>> HOA's.
>>

> Sounds lovely and there are many of them in older areas of urban
> Denver, Boulder, and the old mining town of Breckenridge, lots of
> Painted Ladies in their well-planned color combinations.
>
> Where would you find a lovely old Victorian in a HOA community?
> All HOA locations that I an familiar with are developer built in the
> past <50 years.

I think they would be covered by a Historical Society rather than an
HOA. They don't collect funds from the homes in the protected
district but they sure have to follow the rules when it comes to
paint color/remodeling or anything that would change the tenor of
the neighborhood.

nancy