Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Cucumbers - can anything be done with dried cucumbers?

In article >,
Jim > wrote:

> We are experiencing a bumper crop of cucumbers, and we have
> saladed out, pickled out, and have a nice shiny food dehydrator,
> so was wondering if anyone has come up with any ways to use
> dried, vacuum packed cucumber slices? I would like to slice
> them, dry them then vacuum pack them with the food saver.
>
> I could think that maybe a soup might work, any other suggestions?
>

> Jim

Donate them to your local food shelf and let someone enjoy a fresh,
decent cucumber. JMO.

Draw faces on them and leave them on the neighbors' doorsteps after dark.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller