Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_4_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_4_] is offline

Default A Nostalgic Promo Item I found

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 14:35:27 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 14:32:33 -0600, "gloria.p" >
>wrote:
>
>> With all respect to Bill, I would have tried to negotiate an exception
>> with the HOA. I HATE arbitrary rulings.

>Apparently their time is worth more than the cost of repainting. I
>know, I know... but some people really do rationalize that way. I'm
>married to one of them, so I see it in action up close and personal.

Eggsackly. Plus we'd seen this HOA in action. They had a couple of
retired lawyers (one of them was a patent attorney, which should tell
you something) on their board who liked nothing more than splitting
hairs and dragging a small disagreement into a major (small claims)
court battle. The whole thing would have been funny if it hadn't been
moderately expensive. By the time the house was repainted, you
couldn't tell it from the prior color.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"