Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default A Nostalgic Promo Item I found

"Ophelia" > wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 17:50:52 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know what a Mench is,

>> Google - define Mench

>Yes, sf I do know how to google. I didn't say I couldn't search for it, I
>said I didn't know what it meant.

Googling won't help much anyway, mensch has many meanings, depending
on context it means many things... and there is no accurate English
translation. Essentially a mensch is someone who is in charge of
themself, who knows how to be in charge of themself through awareness,
and who deserves to be entrusted with the charge of others... being a
mensch embodies the highest level of maturity. It's not possible to
belong to an HOA and be a mensch... in fact people who gravitate to
HOAs embody the exact opposite personality traits of a mensch;
pretentious, scheming, self centered, selfish, disengenuous,
pretentious. The antithesis of mensch is probably schmuck.

http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2006/02/...#axzz0qfqz3m00