dick

Default Did I once have a "Chocolate" flavored wine??

I have had a port like wine from France that was the most Chocolate like...

The bottle was a gift from a little restaurant in Monptparnasse, "le parcs
de cerf".

Great place. I went in for lunch or dinner 4 days in a row...then after a
barge trip returned many times.

Owner gave to me before returning to states.

Wish I could remember the name but it was great. I have the empty bottle
somewhere.

"Mark Lipton" > wrote in message

> Dale Williams wrote:
>
> > I certainly have never had a chocolate flavored wine, but I have

detected
> > nuances of chocolate in many wines. The most common have been in
> > somewhat-internationally styled (low-acid, highly extracted, lots of

toasted
> > oak) Right Bank Bordeaux (so probably mostly Merlot, with some Cab Franc

and
> > Cab Sauvignon).

> That makes sense, Dale, although the most pronounced flavor of chocolate

I've
> ever noticed in a wine was in the '82 Branaire Ducru when tasted in the

late