Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic,alt.coffee,rec.food.drink.tea
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default Sugar-free/Splenda coffee syrups in Chicgo.

LSMFT wrote:
> Steve Freides wrote:
>> BubbaT wrote:
>>
>>> I hate Aspartame so I want Splenda ( and possibly Ace-K ) flavored
>>> syrups.

>> Why not just use syrups with sugar? The amount of sugar (and
>> calories, etc.) in the little bit of a flavored syrup one adds to
>> coffee is very small - certainly many prepared foods contain more
>> sugar than that per serving.
>>
>> It's very easy to make a syrup at home, too, typically just equal
>> parts water and sugar in a pot that you heat up and stir until the
>> sugar is dissolved. One can easily enough add flavoring, e.g.,
>> vanilla extract. -S-
>>

> If you have to hide the taste of food with sugar maybe you should
> consider what you are eating. I take only cream with my coffee.

My usual drink is espresso, black. We use sugar syrups when we make
bubble tea, and we will also sometimes make a desert coffee/latte
creation - half espresso, half cream, and maple syrup (or one could use
one of the sugar syrups we've been discussing, e.g., almond of vanilla
flavor). It tastes like melted coffee ice cream and is absolutely
delicious, but it's not really coffee, it's just a "dish" that has
coffee in it.

-S-