Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tara Tara is offline

Default Wonderful Bounty

Gorgeous bounty!

I am ridiculously proud of myself because I have managed to grow
tomatoes and cucumbers in my Topsy Turvey planters. I have wanted to
try those silly planters since I first saw them a few years ago. This
year, I tried them out. I have seven or eight green tomatoes and
three or four cucumbers on the vines this morning. We have rabbits
in our neighborhood. I don't know how to keep them out of ground
plants, so the hanging planters looked like a good idea.

My pear trees and blueberry bushes are producing lots of fruit. We
got a handful of ripe blueberries yesterday. The bushes are full of
green blueberries. The pear trees are full of baby pears.

We have finally come out of a years-long drought. I am amazed to see
how much more fruit is growing this summer.

Tara