Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Tips on how to smoke a turkey

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> > I called the contact number before and negotiated with him. I finally
> > agreed to an e-mail subpoena after contacting my main lab manager and
> > finding out I had the benefits to cover the day off, and I'd not be
> > penalized for it.
> >

> Isn't it a law that the employer has to honor subpoena that does not
> involve you having to appear before a judge?

I'm not sure that I even have to provide my cell to my employer. I do so
out of courtesy...

and wisdom. <g>
It's not listed.

I use Tracfone.

> > Sometimes this stuff can be a major pain in the ass when you are a
> > newbie.
> >

> Yea, sounds like it.

Newbie to said job position, not the situation.<g>

> > What was really amusing to me is that this evidently all started over a
> > week ago and I've always provided my personal information, on request,
> > to the arresting officer including the damned cell phone number. All
> > they had to do was consult their own records and not bother my old
> > employer.<G>
> >
> > The officer I talked to this morning even commented that all he had to
> > to was run the DL number to find out where I lived... but the cell
> > number (the house number is next to useless anymore due to constant
> > spamming and no voice mail) would still not have been provided. Nor
> > e-mails.
> >

> Sounds like they do things the hard way on purpose. They probably have
> access to your cell number to. But that would take another subpoena :-)\

I honestly don't know if one hand knows what the hell the other is
doing. I've been nothing but cooperative and they still don't seem to
know how to contact me, even with an unlisted cell number! I didn't
know squat about this until the voice mail from Dana!

Hell, they could have contacted SMPD. I'm a city volunteer...
and well known for being a cop lover.

> >> We have a 4 in 10 years, eligible for 7 years of public housing. Our
> >> poster child for that law had 20 convictions. Yes twenty. A few in
> >> different states, but those count to.

> > And he still had his license?
> >

> Nope, not that I am aware of. But he was a mechanic, so always had
> access to cars. Just would not bother trying to register them in his name.

Oy.

> >> His last conviction, I think he got 4 years. Eligible for 7, but got 4.
> >> Why this nonsense?
> >>
> >> Gotta remember to, he is not eligible to get insurance, because he does
> >> not have a license. So he is driving uninsured to. Charged for that to?
> >> Not that I know of.
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >> BBQ

> > He does not live in Texas...<g>
> >
> > I'll be fine. I'll just cooperate more with the prosecution!
> >
> > I'll reveal more later when all is said and done.
> > Trust me that this moron really needs some serious jail time, and I'm
> > usually very forgiving.

> The heck with the judge and prosecutor. I, Governor BBQ, appoint you
> judge for Tuesday, June 8, 2010. You are the judge, you decide if he
> gets trial by jury or trial by Judge Om :-)
>
> BBQ

<rofl> I'll just do my part...:-)
This should be easier than that pot case I was a juror for. I still
regret being such a wuss in that one.
--
Peace! Om