Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Tips on how to smoke a turkey

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 6/7/2010 8:39 PM, Omelet wrote:
> > In >,
> > > wrote:

> >> LoL. You don't know how often I go to the store for the fixings for one
> >> thing and end up getting the fixings for something else.
> >>
> >> Ah, the joy of being single ;-)
> >>
> >> BBQ

> > <;lol> or in my case, not being afraid to prep separate meals for dad or
> > I. ;-) Right now, he's enjoying that package of Kielbasa I smoked and
> > I'm prepping steak salad for work this week. I had some warmed up
> > smoked pork chop for dinner tonight, as is.
> >
> > I won't be working tomorrow tho'. I got a surprise Subpoena this
> > morning for a trial for a drunk driver that I collected a legal blood
> > sample on a few months back.
> >
> > I hate it when attorneys do this last minute crap. There is not anything
> > I can provide to them except 5 minutes of chain of custody testimony.
> > But, from what the investigator told me of this particular case, I'll be
> > glad to help send the moron to jail...

> What probably happened is last minute plea bargaining negotiations
> failed. The attorney probably could not get a lessor charge. So he/she
> said we go to trial. Prosecutor said sure no problem...

Sortakinda. What happened from what I was told is that said idiot failed
to plea bargain. It's only going to hurt him.

I no longer work for said employer. Said employer refused to cooperate
by providing the prosecuter with my personal information, said cell
phone. And that, of course, I approved of. <g>

Said personnel manager panicked this morning when the powers that be
threatened to subpoena my old employment records (which they actually
did do, but not until after I found out about it and called them).

She finally called and left a voice mail and fortunately I actually
checked my cell during my morning break...

I called the contact number before and negotiated with him. I finally
agreed to an e-mail subpoena after contacting my main lab manager and
finding out I had the benefits to cover the day off, and I'd not be
penalized for it.

Sometimes this stuff can be a major pain in the ass when you are a
newbie.

What was really amusing to me is that this evidently all started over a
week ago and I've always provided my personal information, on request,
to the arresting officer including the damned cell phone number. All
they had to do was consult their own records and not bother my old
employer.<G>

The officer I talked to this morning even commented that all he had to
to was run the DL number to find out where I lived... but the cell
number (the house number is next to useless anymore due to constant
spamming and no voice mail) would still not have been provided. Nor
e-mails.

Major cluster**** if you ask me... ;-)

> Then the prosecutor has to scramble to find/subpoena all involved. I
> agree, they should have notified you before and canceled if a deal was
> reached.
>
> What happens if you're out of town and don't get the subpoena? Then the
> case is in jeopardy. Just a little planning and they could make your
> life easier !!!
>
> I take it you have been in this position before.

Only once, but that's all it took to learn!

> > I have zero tolerance for DUI's, especially when involved in car wrecks
> > and a great deal of previous history.

> We have a 4 in 10 years, eligible for 7 years of public housing. Our
> poster child for that law had 20 convictions. Yes twenty. A few in
> different states, but those count to.

And he still had his license?

> His last conviction, I think he got 4 years. Eligible for 7, but got 4.
> Why this nonsense?
>
> Gotta remember to, he is not eligible to get insurance, because he does
> not have a license. So he is driving uninsured to. Charged for that to?
> Not that I know of.
>
> Good luck,
> BBQ

He does not live in Texas... <g>

I'll be fine. I'll just cooperate more with the prosecution!

I'll reveal more later when all is said and done.
Trust me that this moron really needs some serious jail time, and I'm
usually very forgiving.
--
Peace! Om