Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Tips on how to smoke a turkey

wrote:

> . . .
>

> > You are hardly an idiot dear. <g> And you just gave me an idea as to
> > what to do with those paper thin beef steaks that dad bought! I was
> > trying to figure out what the hell to do with them and I thawed them
> > last night.
> >
> > I'm smoking today and have plenty of canned veggies on hand so I'll
> > peruse what I have and decide what to roll up in them. :-) Smoking a
> > meat roll should work better than trying to cook them as is.
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> I love it when someone grabs the germ of an idea and runs with it.
> Depending on what those steaks are, you might want to pound them
> or give 'em hell with a Jacard. I got an online deal on a jacard with
> 43 knives and it'll take the fight out of just about any kind of meat
> in a few seconds. Thin steaks like that, you might have to fold them
> to get the best benefit from the jacard.

Jacards are the gods. :-) I own one and do use it.
These little steaks were already less than 1/4" thick. I chose to quick
sear them close to the offset fire. I plan to shred them and add them
to romaine and/or baby spinach in a cold salad.

I was just too tired at that point to play with making meat rolls, but
that does not mean it won't be a future idea!

They were round steak.
--
Peace! Om