Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Tips on how to smoke a turkey

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 6/6/2010 3:23 PM, Omelet wrote:
>
> > I'm smoking today and have plenty of canned veggies on hand so I'll
> > peruse what I have and decide what to roll up in them. :-) Smoking a
> > meat roll should work better than trying to cook them as is.

> Canned Veggies? I thought you went for the fresh stuff !!!
>
> BBQ

I have canned spinach as it's good for some recipes. I generally use
fresh baby spinach leaves, but don't currently have any on hand and
didn't feel like going to the store. <g>

I ended up just smoking them as they needed to be used. I'll just slice
them into thin strips and use them in steak salad for work lunches this
week.
--
Peace! Om