Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Tips on how to smoke a turkey

In article . com>,
wrote:

> On 6-Jun-2010, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > "Stormmee" > wrote:
> >

> > > "Omelet" > wrote in message

> . . .
>

> > I wonder about pounding it flat and adding a layer of a mix like cottage
> > cheese and frozen spinach. ;-d
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> A year or so ago, I was on a Roulade (Roll up) kick. I pounded and
> rolled all kinds of stuff. I had a regular thing with boneless pork loins.
> I used a sharp knife to unroll them about 1/2 inch thick and then
> pounded them a little to make them smooth and a little thinner.
> I can't remember what all I rolled up in them. Your cheese and
> spinach idea sounds good. I've also had some fun with rolled up
> boneless chicken thighs. It doesn't take much to entertain and
> idiot.

You are hardly an idiot dear. <g> And you just gave me an idea as to
what to do with those paper thin beef steaks that dad bought! I was
trying to figure out what the hell to do with them and I thawed them
last night.

I'm smoking today and have plenty of canned veggies on hand so I'll
peruse what I have and decide what to roll up in them. :-) Smoking a
meat roll should work better than trying to cook them as is.
--
Peace! Om