Darrell Grainger

Default Wanted: Carrot Cake Recipe

Greetings fellow bakers,

I have been asked to make a carrot cake for my sister-in-law. She has some
requests which are making it a little difficult for me. I hope someone
here can provide me with a recipe that will meet her needs.

Obviously, it should be moist. She does not want oranges, raisins or
pineapple in the thing. Additionally, people with nut allergies will be
consuming it. So no nuts. There has also been a request for it to be spicy
(nutmeg, all spice, cloves, etc.).

She also wants it to be trimmed with gingerbread men. I have a good recipe
for gingerbread. My smallest cutter is around 3.5 inches high so the cake
should be around 3.5 inches high.

Finally, it should serve 50 people... it is her wedding cake. The wedding
is January 6th, 2004. This means I have to have it done by then.
Obviously, I'll want to do a trial run before the wedding.

Thanks in advance,
Darrell Grainger

P.S. Because the wedding is on a Tuesday and I work full time, I'd like to
make the cake on Sunday night. Will it last for two days?

Don't send e-mail to